HIGA: Know Your Award
2016 dates for Brisbane, Townsville and the Gold Coast to be confirmed shortly. Check back here for more information.
** In-house training is available **
This course takes an in-depth look at the structure and content of the Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2010 ("HIGA") and clarifies some of the common queries surrounding the award system. The course runs for approximately two and a half hours.
During the session, attendees will be provided with an overview of the HIGA and provide practical, easy to understand information.
The HIGA: Know Your Award session covers the following:
- The Industrial Relations Framework
- Who the HIGA applies to and when an employee is award-free
- Basic award entitlements including penalty rates, late work allowances, annualised salary arrangements and meal breaks
- National Employment Standards derived entitlements
- How to get the most out of your rostering practices, and guarding against wages theft
As well as the answers to the most commonly asked HIGA award interpretation questions!
Ideal for all levels of hotel management, HIGA: Know Your Award provides an excellent opportunity for attendees to gain a comprehensive understanding of this award, thereby reducing the risk of non-compliance and the heavy penalties which could apply.
Investing in regular training allows for best practice regarding staff management and assists in the smooth operation of your hotel.
Delivered as an In-House option
- $825 (inc GST) per in-house session for QHA members including Corporate Members and Partners
- $1,237.50 (inc GST) per in-house session for non members
Discounts apply where more than one session is required.
QHA organised option
TBA as sessions are scheduled.
TO BOOK YOUR SESSION:
Refer to the top of this page for a list of upcoming QHA organised sessions. If we are not coming to your location, express your interest by sending your name, hotel name and location via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each participant receives the course notes, support material and a QHA certificate of attendance upon completion.
Employment Relations Department
Ph: 07 3221 6999
Fax: 07 3221 6649