The Employment Relations Department ("ERD") of the QHA is a dedicated industrial relations and human resources team. Specialists in agreement making and employer advocacy in the hospitality industry, the ERD sets a high standard for expertise and professionalism in the rapidly evolving and complex employment relations arena.
As a member of the QHA*, you can contact the ERD with queries regarding employment terms and conditions, compliance with awards, discipline and termination of staff, and similar matters. In addition to your day to day HR issues, the ERD can assist in more complex matters involving representation or detailed advice on a very competitive fee for service basis.
The QHA is a registered employer association, therefore advice and assistance is provided to authorised ER contacts only. To add a new ER Contact for your member venue, click HERE to download the ER Contact Authorisation form. Persons not authorised to obtain assistance from the ERD will not be assisted.
* Please note that only current financial members (excluding Corporate Members) can access free ERD services. Corporate MemberS can access ER advice on a fee for service basis only.
Meet Your ER Team here
FREE ADVICE AND ASSISTANCE
Financial members* can access the following free employment relations telephone and email advice and assistance:
- Provision of relevant award wage rate sheets
- Interpretations of award terms and conditions
- Advice on employer obligations in the employment arena
- Information regarding the formal appointment of new staff
- Counselling and disciplinary processes for terminating employment in a fair manner
- Recruitment and selection techniques
- Superannuation and Workers' Compensation
- Requests from employees for flexible work arrangements
- Long service leave calculations (up to 3 per venue per year for QHA hospitality venue members)
- Managing ill and injured workers
- Policy and Procedures (business, operational and legal) for your workplace.
ER CONSULTANCY SERVICE
Visit the Consultancy Service page HERE.
For those more complex employment relations matters, the following professional consultancies are available at the very competitive member rates of $205.00 per hour plus GST. The QHA's hourly fee is close to half the price of a law firm - and we can provide a similar professional and industry specific service.
Click HERE to find out more about our extensive consultancy service offering or scroll down below for more information.
Members can access a FREE consultation (of up to one hours duration) for matters involving an industrial relations application to appear before an industrial tribunal or government agency/body. During this consultation your case will be assessed by an experienced consultant, and preliminary advice will be provided together with an estimate of the QHA's professional fees to represent your interests/defend against the claim.
Our full range of consultancies include -
EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS PRODUCTS
Click HERE to visit the QHA Shop to browse the ER products available for purchase. Products include template contracts (letters of appointment), policies, discipline and termination letters, and our comprehensive HR Manual.
NON MEMBER EMPLOYERS
Non member employers may still access employment relations advice and assistance, however a hourly fee for service rate will be applied. For more information, contact a member of the Employment Relations Department.
Employment Relations Department
Ph: 07 3221 6999
Fax: 07 3221 6649